2021 FIELD HOCKEY SEASON
- Skills and Drills are for Grades K-2: Every Sunday at Emmaus HS Turf
- Field Hockey League is for Grades 3-6: Practice 2 X per week with Games on Sundays
JUNIOR LEAGUE GRADES 3&4 / SENIOR LEAGUE GRADES 5&6
- No experience needed - just go for it and sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- This is where you learn to play field hockey games on a grass field
- If there are enough parent coaches, we accept all girls who sign up - they do not need to try out. The number of teams depend on the number of parents willing to coach.
- Teams practice 2 X per week at Spring Creek Estates Park from Aug-October (Practices will begin mid August and run every TBD from 6:00 - 7:30)
- Games will be every Sunday, except Labor Day Weekend
- Planning for 1-2 Tournaments on Sundays (all day events)
MINIS / GRADE K / GRADES 1-2
- Practices every Sunday afternoon at the Emmaus High School Turf Field
- K 12:30 - 1:30
- 1-2 12:30 - 2:00
- Minis 12:45 - 1:30
- Season runs 8 weeks Sunday Aug 22 - Oct 10 (skipping over Labor Day Sunday)
- Skills and Drills coached by players from the Emmaus High School Field Hockey Team
- Learn Field Hockey Basics: Stick Handling, Passing, Shooting, Offense, Defense, and scrimmage play
- LMYA provides a field hockey stick, t-shirt, and ball. The stick must be returned at the end of the season. Players must have shin guards, socks, mouth guard, and water bottle.
***MINI HORNETS***AGES 3-5
Minis do not need to register
- Drop in any Sunday at 12:45
- $5 for a 45-minute session filled with fun, exercise, and field hockey (stick provided).
- Players should have shin guards, socks, water bottle
ALL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE SENT DIRECTLY TO:
US Field Hockey GROW THE GAME
I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
- I will honor the history of lacrosse and commit to maintaining the core values of the game's culture.
- I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the game.
- I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other field hockey events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will do my very best to make the sport fun for everyone who participates.
- I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.
To expose girls to the game of field hockey in a very positive way!
To help each and every player achieve her personal best in the game of field hockey!
EXPECTATIONS of COACHES:
- Offer each player an equal opportunity to be successful
- Treat each player with respect
- Coach with positive words
- Communicate clearly and effectively to players and parents
- Coach within US Field Hockey guidelines on skill progression, stay updated
- Provide an appropriate coach to player ratio
EXPECTATIONS of PLAYERS:
- Arrive on time - 15 minutes early to practices, and at pre-determined time for games
- Be POSITIVE with yourself, your coaches, and your team-mates
- "Leave it all on the field": While at practice, focus on field hockey and work hard!
- No cliques..we are all one team
- Attitude and effort will impact playing time more than anything else
- Playing time philosophy: everyone plays, all skill levels will progress
- TEAMS SPLIT CAREFULLY TO MAXIMIZE EACH PLAYER’S OPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE, all working toward same goal: personal best
EXPECTATIONS of PARENTS:
- Offer as much notice as possible if a player is missing a practice or game
- Please do not coach from the sidelines. Positive reinforcement is encouraged! Players do not need conflicting direction; they need to be allowed to make their own choices on the field in order to develop
- Please do not yell at the refs or question calls
- If you have an issue or concern, solve it with the coaches rather than spreading it along the sideline, or to your player. Negativity is contagious.
- If there are questions or concerns, please call or e-mail MaryEllen Rudio
- SKILLS AND DRILLS
- MINIS AGE 3-5
- FIELD HOCKEY LEAGUE
FIELD HOCKEY EQUIPMENT:
Equipment for Girls' and Women's FIELD HOCKEY
The stick should not be taller than a players hip bone.
All players must wear mouthguards.
FIELD HOCKEY FIELDS
SKILLS & DRILLS Every Sunday
These sessions are held at the Emmaus High School turf stadium off of Pine Street in Emmaus. The Coaches are the High School Emmaus Field Hockey Team.
FIELD HOCKEY LEAGUE:
Midweek evening practices at Spring Creek Estates Park. Evening practice hours will be decided by the Travel Coaches. All Tournaments are held on Sundays (they typically tend to be all day events, within 1 hour drive from Macungie)
- The entrance to the park is located at the corner of Goor St. and Danner Rd.
- From Lower Macungie Road heading North, turn left onto Stein and then at the stop sign turn left onto Danner Rd. The park is at the end of the street on the right.
- From Lower Macungie Road heading South, turn right onto Church Ln, turn left onto Danner Rd. The park is at the end of the street on the right.
Emmaus and Area Club Teams