Lower Mac Girls' Spring Lacrosse
SPRING 2022 GIRLS LACROSSE
**3rd - 6th grade PLAYERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A NEW UNIFORM THAT THEY KEEP AND CAN BE USED FOR FUTURE YEARS**
K-2 players will be supplied with a reversable pinnie
LMYA Day at Emmaus TBD
PICTURE DAY- TBD
Practice Schedule (these times are subject to change based on coach’s availability)
Season (March 1st-May 22nd)
K/2 IM: Check TeamSnap
3/4: Check TeamSnap
5/6: Check TeamSnap
Games will be scheduled throughout the week and weekend.
Starting Spring 2018 players were required to purchase new uniform tops for $30 and kilts for $14. The uniform tops will be reversible pinnies. They are a higher quality than the pinnies we have used in prior years. Your player will keep their pinnie and be able to use them in future years. I hope/anticipate that players will be able to use their uniforms for three or more years.
Our uniforms are ordered through 4Five. Once you have registered through LMYA you will need to go here https://lmyalacrosseuniforms2019.itemorder.com/sale and order your players uniform. Once you have ordered her uniform you will need to email me proof and then you can request your players number. Numbers will be given out first come first serve.
LMYA will be supplying each player with team socks.These socks are part of the uniform and are expected to be worn for games. You can also purchase extra pairs of socks through the team store.
The Steps for uniform ordering will be :
1. Register through LMYA
2. Go to 4Five and order uniform
3. Email me proof of uniform purchase and request players number
AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT OUT ONCE THE ONLINE STORE OPENS. SIZE SAMPLES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT 4Five 1301 L Chestnut Street Emmaus, Pa. 18049
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
QUESTIONS/CONCERNS? Please do not hesitate to e-mail: Sharon Poll @ email@example.com
LMYA's Girls' Lacrosse Coordinator
For game schedules, field directions, teams standings, and other important league information, visit the Lehigh Valley Girls Youth Lacrosse League Website:
GIRL'S LACROSSE GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS
US LACROSSE HONOR THE GAME
I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
- I will honor the history of lacrosse and commit to maintaining the core values of the game's culture.
- I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the game.
- I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other lacrosse event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will do my very best to make the sport fun for everyone who participates.
- I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.
To expose girls to the game of lacrosse in a very positive way!
To help each and every player achieve her personal best in the game of lacrosse!
EXPECTATIONS of COACHES:
- Offer each player an equal opportunity to be successful
- Treat each player with respect
- Coach with positive words
- Communicate clearly and effectively to players and parents
- Coach within US Lacrosse guidelines on skill progression
- Provide an appropriate coach to player ratio
EXPECTATIONS OF PLAYERS:
- Arrive on time - 15 minutes early to practices, and at pre-determined time for games
- Be POSITIVE with yourself, your coaches, and your team-mates
- "Leave it all on the field": While at practice, focus ON LACROSSE and work hard! We will be playing teams who practice Monday-Friday!!!!
- No cliques..we are all one team
- Attitude and effort will impact playing time more than anything else
- Playing time philosophy: everyone plays, all skill levels will progress
- TEAMS SPLIT CAREFULLY TO MAXIMIZE EACH PLAYER’S OPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE, all working toward same goal: personal best
EXPECTATIONS OF PARENTS:
- Offer as much notice as possible if a player is missing a practice or game
- Please do not coach from the sidelines. Positive reinforcement is encouraged! Players do not need conflicting direction; they need to be allowed to make their own choices on the field in order to develop
- Please do not yell at the refs or question calls
- If you have an issue or concern, solve it with the coaches rather than spreading it along the sideline or to your player. Negativity is contagious.
- If there are questions or concerns, please call or e-mail Sharon Poll.
- Cell: 704-608-6257
The 2021 girls' lacrosse season is closer than many realize. To help everyone plan accordingly here are some important things to think about.
The LMYA Girls' Lacrosse program is a charter member and participant in the Lehigh Valley Girls' Youth Lacrosse League (LVGYLL). The LVGYLL is dedicated to strengthening the sport of lacrosse in the Lehigh Valley and providing a safe and fun environment for all of its participants and parents.
The season is configured with teams not being set by age, but by grade level.
- K-2 IM-This age group is non-competitive and learning- focused. The team practices 2 days a week. The practice days are set by the K-2 Coaches. There will be travel to other youth organization parks to play games with other programs in the LVGYLL. Teams will be evenly split based on players ability.
- 3-4-This age group is non-competitive and learning- focused. The team practices 2 days a week. The practice days are set by the 3/4 Coaches. There will be travel to other youth organization parks to play games with other programs in the LVGYLL. Teams will be evenly split based on players ability.
- 5-6 - These age groups offer 2 divisions of play in the LVGYLL. Both divisions travel to play other programs throughout the league.
- The A division is competitive. The season wraps up with the End of Season Tournament the second weekend of May. Player assessments will be held throughout the March indoor sessions.
- The B division is recreational. The season wraps up with the End of Season Tournament the second weekend of May. Player assessments will be held throughout the March indoor sessions.
K-2, 3/4, & 5/6: Outdoor practices for ALL ages will start at the beginning of March, weather permitting. Days and times are TBD by individual coaches. The above schedule is an outline, coaches are allowed to change practice schedules based on their availability. Practices will be at Spring Creek Estates Park.
League games will begin in April. The league will schedule games on any day of the week, including Sundays.
2022 Early Registration Rates
Early registration opens November 1stand runs until January 11th
Provisional registration runs from January 12ththrough January 31st
Our program is only as strong as our VOLUNTEERS! We have lots of opportunities for you to use your skills and talents. Help support the program, any amount of time you can give is helpful.
Volunteers are needed throughout the year to plan, administrate and execute the program. If you have not contacted us yet and would like to help in any capacity, please contact Sharon Poll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-608-6257.
COACHES - If you are interested in coaching in any capacity please click on the link for background check and complete the necessary clearances before the season starts. https://www.lmya.org/back/bgstart.cfm If you would like coaching support, we can schedule a coach’s meetings/clinic prior to the season in addition to offering fully paid tuition at the US Lacrosse level one coach’s certification course (one day course).
GIRLS LACROSSE EQUIPMENT:
Equipment for Girls' and Women's Lacrosse
The crosse (lacrosse stick) is made of wood, laminated wood, or synthetic material, with a shaped net pocket at the end. A girl's crosse must be an overall length of 35.5 - 43.25 inches. The head of the crosse must be seven to nine inches wide. The pocket of the stick must be strung traditionally; no mesh is allowed. The top of the ball when dropped in the pocket must remain above the side walls.* The goalkeeperÂ¹s crosse may be 35.5- 48 inches long. The head of the crosse may be mesh and up to 12 inches wide.
* Modified Pocket allowed in girls youth rules
The game ball must be yellow and made of solid rubber, smooth without dimples for games and must be visible color, other than clear or white. The ball must be 7.75 - 8 inches in circumference and weigh 5 - 5.25 ounces. All lacrosse balls must meet NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment) standards and include the words "Meets NOCSAE Standard".
All players must wear mouthguards.
Close-fitting gloves, nose guards and headgear that meets ASTM standard F3137 are optional and may be worn by all players. All field players must properly wear eye protection that meets ASTM standard F3077 for women's adult/ youth lacrosse for the appropriate level of play.
THE GOALKEEPER'S EQUIPMENT
The goalkeeper must wear a helmet with face mask (NOCSAE approved), separate throat protector, padded gloves, mouth piece, and chest protector. The goalkeeper may wear padding on arms, legs, and shoulders which does not excessively increase the size of those body parts. High school level and below must wear padding on thighs and shins. Youth level must wear some form of abdominal and pelvic protection.
Goalies are required to wear padded gloves.
The entrance to the park is located at the corner of Goor St. and Danner Rd.
--From Lower Macungie Road heading North, turn left onto Stein and then at the stop sign turn left onto Danner Rd. The park is at the end of the street on the right.
--From Lower Macungie Road heading South, turn right onto Church Ln, turn left onto Danner Rd.
- Sharon Poll
K-2 Head Coach
- Roxann Betz
- Julie Williams
- Pam Colistra
- Greg West
- Eric Kusko
Spirit Wear Coordinator
End of Season Coordinator
LMYA is a Volunteer run organization. Without our parents we wouldn't be able to offer the sports we do. If you would like to volunteer to help Girls' Lacrosse please contact Sharon Poll at email@example.com or call 704-608-6257
2022 SPRING SCHEDULES
Girls Lacrosse Game Calendar
Click here for the Girls Lacrosse Calendar